Wednesday, March 9, 2011

DC PLANNING

Alright. So t minus 5 days i will be in DC to accept my Summer internship with the NIH. I have begun looking for somewhere to live over the summer. WOW rent is crazy expensive there!!! I contacted an ADPi alumna that lives in Foggy Bottom.... $1200 a MONTH IN RENT!!! How do college students afford that? So hopefully I can find something UNDER $700 a month that is not a completely horrible apt or in a bad area.

This brings me to my next point, public transportation. I am from a fairly small town in Wisconsin, I drove EVERWHERE growing up. Even being in DES Moines at Drake, I drive everywhere. When I get to DC on Monday I need to figure out the metro, because that is what I will be using all summer. So I decided to finally be a big girl and get a smart phone. Well, look into getting a smart phone. That way, when I get on the completely wrong train, I can use my handy GPS on my phone.

Wish me luck on my first public transportation adventure!
-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment