Thursday, June 16, 2011

June 10-12

Jazz in the Garden with new DC friends! (from left to right,Isaac, Gaelle, me, Shruti, and Sanjay)
The weekend started off on Friday, June 10th after work.  There is a fantastic event held in DC on Fridays called Jazz in the Garden.  There is a sculpture park near the federal triangle and on Fridays it is completely full with people eating, drinking, and socializing!  It is FANTASTIC.  After that we went to Nandos.  It is a peri peri restaurant (I don't really know what that means, but the food is South African).  It was GOOOOD.
Deanna Bogart, a performer at Jazz in the Garden

On Saturday my friend and I decided to go to the 3 story Forever 21 (yes mom, I may need to mail stuff home at the end of the summer, oops!). Afterwards we decided we needed to experience the DC gay pride parade.  It was definitely an experience! Lots of... lets just say it was an experience.  And, blue body paint is not a suitable substitute for covering the male bottom half.  People watching is an amazing thing to do at those things.

Sunday, June 12th
I wanted to do brunch but a lot of people were out of town.  So my housemate and I decided to go to 2 Amys which is a Sicilian pizza place.  It was good, but I don't know what all the hype was about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment