Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A weekend summary

Saturday, May 28th
  When I get bored, I have a horrible habit of shopping.  After working out I decided to go to Target... then Marshalls.  I took the metro because I have not figured out the bus system.  So it took me about 25 minutes to get to Target when driving only takes about 7 minutes.  OOPS.  After buying myself a pretty dress I headed back to the house.  I met up with the Drake Alumni I met the previous week to go to a concert.  We went to see Jason Trawick Group (don't worry, I had never heard of him before either) at the 9:30 Club. We accidentally arrived WAY early to the concert, so we left and went to a bar called "American Ice Co."  In the Midwest we drink light beer, in DC everyone drinks regular, expensive beer.  So if I come back to Iowa 10 pounds heavier, I blame beer.  Anyway, we made our way back to the concert.  It was an alternative/soft rock like show and then they brought out a local rapper and began playing rock/hip hop fusion music.  The fusion was AMAZING!!!  After the concert around 1 AMish, I was tired so I went home.

Sunday, May 29th
   I had planned on going to church, but I woke up too late.  So after working out and hanging out in my house for a little bit, I met up with a couple new friends to see the movie, Bridesmaids.  It was SOOOO CUTE and funny!  After the movie I went with one of the girls to Trader Joes (grocery store) to buy a few things for a BBQ.  We then walked from GEORGETOWN to ADAMS MORGAN.  So 45 minutes later (covered in sweat) we arrived in Adams Morgan to my former coworker's place.  We grilled some yummy burgers and he had a little get together.  It was fun!  I also met another girl from Wisconsin.  I keep getting told that there are many Wisconsin people living in DC, I haven't seen it yet!

Monday, May 30th
  I met up with a couple girls and we went to the pool in Bethesda.  It is ALWAYS so hot here.  We would go in the water, then get out, then back in once we were hot again.  So during one of the time that we were in the pool, the pool staff began yelling at everyone to get out of the water... a kid had vomited in the water. cool. So they had to close the pool (naturally)... we left.  We ate at Taylors, which is a sandwich place Bethesda that has everything named after Philly stuff (I ate the Rittenhouse).  My sandwich had chicken and pesto which was good.  I ordered that because I am fairly naive when it comes to many types of food... and well that was the only item that I actually knew what all the ingredients were (I'm trying!).
  Later I spent the rest of the evening watching TV and relaxing, which was pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment